reaping the cost of solitude

Monday, November 02, 2015

Alternative Love (Playlist)


My enjoyment of pop and love songs is seasonal, and guess what - it's in season. To celebrate, I went through my library of stolen mp3s and managed to make a playlist that "tugged at the heartstrings" for those longing for love/inspiration, or perhaps want it filled to the brim until it spills over. I made sure this list was easily digestible, favoring instant gratification and shunning songs that take several listens before sinking in. I personally listen to a song or two from this list every now and then - but never lumped together like this. And strangely, it works! (I'm so proud of myself).

PS: I popped this in the car the other day and I've been singing my ass off ever since.

01. Everybody But You - Dave Barnes
02. Where You Are - Marc Broussard
03. Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner
04. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
05. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
06. So Slow - Ari Hest
07. Waterfall - Gavin Degraw
08. Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars
09. Mine Again - Black Lab
10. Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch
11. Dream - Priscilla Ahn
12. A Little Bit Better - Daniel Merriweather
13. Ordinary - The Alternate Routes
14. Colors - Amos Lee

Made a Youtube playlist to save you the hassle of searching for these songs. Enjoy!

No comments: