reaping the cost of solitude

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Rewind: This Weather is Strange

Some time in 2007, I was waiting for Kaskade to come out.

This weather is strange. See it relentlessly whip lightning after lightning behind the congregation of clouds, and the howls of thunder chanting back and forth from the farthest edges of the dark sky. This must be armageddon, and I feel the dread of fear embrace me like a black veil. The world it wreaks havoc on lays still and helpless perhaps to show respect and awe. Fear before the power of what once was calm and dormant - somehow angered by forces unknown. And little by little, the leaves start to make the music of rain. 
I can still see the flashes of light from the corner of my eye. There's an eerie chill to how the drapes sway back and forth in rhythm with the east wind that comes every now and then. I refuse to face the window head on out of fear- but there's this warmth that stirs inside me, like a child being called by its mother. Suddenly, I knew why it was angry. Or isn't. It calls for me. I obey.
- May 2, 2008

Here I go again - being weird one late night. According to what's been written above, it was raining that night. (duh)

Listening to
"The Way I Feel" by Matt Wertz

No comments: